- Present: Sean Whewell, Zena Aris-Sutton, Lee Barratt, Emily Johnstone, Jan Smith, Steve Wilson & John Reed
- Apologies: None
- Minutes of 8/9/2021:
The Minutes of the meeting of 8/9/21 were accepted as a true and correct record.
- Matters Arising
● Pat testing festoon, Andy Ohme booked for Saturday 16th October
● LSO 4th Dec –
o Light up new mills – Craig set up on VNM site
o Fire eaters/take part in art/Fosbrook/art theatre/let’s sing – use Sainsburys car park –
o Climbing wall agreed -Trevor to make space – Maynard Turkey –
o Steve to do adverts for programme, Lee put programme together , Emily poster design – printing end of month see if can get articles?
o John/lee – road closures.
o Sean/Emily – 25 stalls booked
o Zena to send link for flood lights
o 2 extra gazebos
o Poster to state time of light switch on.
o Jan to aid with getting payments
o Letter to businesses – Zena and lee to do
o Own manage collection buckets – John/Graham
Interpretation boards – now been replaced near bus station
● Door 34 do want a bike bag – need quizit doing in November
● 500 trees ordered to be delivered to Steve 1st week November and we will plant in Mousley Bottom – Sat 6th and Sunday 7th Nov 11am – Sean to advertise
● CFR bid – next meeting 15th Sept – no update
● Craig has set up a Bike page on VNM, with map, bike bag details, still need cycle routes (Strava routes)
● New Mills Move More Forum is on Wednesday 20th October at 11.30am at New Mills Leisure Centre – Steve to attend
Thanks you letter for quizit – Samaritans
Thank you letter for quizit – New Mills CAB
HPBC – Welcome back pack VNM is featured as a point of interest, gone to every business in high peak.
- Finance Update:
The current bank balance is £3712.59 in credit.
The money raised from Quizits
o New mills repair café £105
o Parkinsons £222
o St.Georges Parish Hall £115
o Xmas tree on Prom £100
o New mills festival £135
o NEW mills CAB £107
- Website Update:
Website page views 5044 sessions 3388 in 30 days
Facebook membership was 9647, Twitter membership 2167 and Instagram 2220
- Any Other Business:
- Check sizes of feestons, maybe buy storage for putting in Zena’s home.
- Feestons lights put up 13th/14th Nov – put shout out on volunteers group.
- LSO meeting 28th Oct – 7pm at Fox
- Date, time and place of next meeting:
- 2nd December 7.30pm – venue TBC