Skip to content
- Present: Sean Whewell, Zena Aris-Sutton, John Reed & Jan Smith
- Apologies: Beth Atkins & Lee Barratt
- Minutes of 10/5/2021:
The Minutes of the meeting of 10/5/21 were accepted as a true and correct record.
- Matters Arising
● Mark Jones was invited to speak to the group but declined.
● Bank Account – Sean to send links to all https://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/assets/ns/bank/pdf/business/customerservices/managingyouraccount/change-of-signatories-and-authorised-users.pdf
● Interpretation boards – Train stations email 12.5.21 – no response
● Cinema Screen Grant – had grant for £200, bursary for £200 (attend 3 times 90 minutes workshops) – Sean attended 1 so far Would like 300 Inch screen
● Table tennis table – now at St.George’s Parish Hall and being used by Youth Matters
● DBC Certificates – John and Lee to complete theirs
● Proposed committee member – Steve Wilson, all 4 attendee’s agree for Steve to become an officer.
● Bike rack Map –Sean add Bike bags to map with new icon, Add to VNM website – Same with Map locations
● Bake bag – ask if Door 34 cafe would like one.
● New Mills Youth Festival – £100 sponsorship A.Allen & son, £1000 grant from PCC, Bryn/Adam doing music, site walk 27th June 7pm with as much of group as possible
● Easy fundraising payment £27.50
● Thank you from Youth Matter for Quizit donation
- Finance Update:
The current bank balance is £1382.61 in credit.
● Out – £299.46 for 6 replacement flag poles
● Out – £1256.85 Pride flags
● In – £1500 crowdfunding for pride flags
The money raised from virtual Quizits in Paypal for VIRQUIZ
o £123.01 to Youth Matters for May
- Website Update:
Website page views 3388 sessions 5018 in 30 days
Facebook membership was 9595, Twitter membership 2130 and Instagram 2176
- Any Other Business:
○ Wrote 2 press releases for Review, one Youth Festival and 1 for LGBTQ+, given £75 for these
○ HPBC bounce back grant, Lynsey Wetton asked if VNM has any idea, NMF joint application for £3500, advertising, entertainment and events.
○ Maps – got 2nd lot and already been put in locations around the New Mills.
- Date, time and place of next meeting:
28th July 6.30pm – location TBC