Minutes of the Meeting of Visit New Mills – 09/07/2018
- Present: Barry Bate, Sean Whewell, Beth Atkins, Jan Smith
- Apologies: Norths Slack
- Minutes of 06/04/2018:
The Minutes of the meeting of 06/04/2018 were accepted as a true and correct record.
- Matters Arising (not already on the Agenda)
It was reported that the Midsummer Music Festival (in association with Spring Bank Arts) had taken place on June 23rd across 11 different venues. The events had been a great success.
It was also reported that the Xmas Lights Switch On would take place on Saturday 1st December. It will take the same format as last year.
Grants. Sean reported that he had now completed the grant application process for DCC.
Cycle report. Everyone agreed that Alison’s report was very good and that VNM should pursue options brought forward by it. Beth will talk to Highways about the plan. Sean will contact Tony Ashton about referral of the report to HPBC. Sean will also write back to Alison thanking her for her work so far.
Thank You’s. ‘Thank you’ letters had been received from New Mills Women’s group (for printing) and from the One World Festival (for printing).
- Finance Update:
The current bank balance is £3415.35 in credit.
The most recent Quizits have been: Hague Bar School PTA – £101, NM Independent Film Festival – £173 and Duck Race – £144.
VNM has funded £70 to Incredible Edible in order for them to refurbish pots at New Mills Central Station, Visit New Mills will also help with the work
Sean reported that he will circulate the final Carnival accounts.
- Web Site Update:
Sean reported that the Facebook page currently had 51,868 users and had had 124,094 page views. The most views in the last week were: the Gallery, One World Festival, Visit New Mills and Shield Tree Wood.
- Any Other Business:
- a) The Torrs Youth Festival will take place on 4th August the TENS has been received – as has permission to use the space from NMTC and Torrs Hydro. Rob Hawkins has agreed to complete the risk assessment. It was noted that this was a ‘no alcohol’ event.
- b) The Patients Participation Panel are reporting issues about the difficulty of travelling between the two surgeries (in New Mils and Hayfield).
- Date, time and place of next meeting:
10.00 on Monday 20th August 2018 at Sean’s.