26 March 2023
Visit New Mills continues to support all local Community groups and facilitate events and projects in New Mills.
2022 saw a full return to face-to-face events after the previous two years restrictions because of Covid.
Our usual Community events were delivered successfully – Carnival, Youth Festival, Lights Switch On alongside the weekly Quizits and regular Community cinema events. The visitnewmills.co.uk web site and social media continues to be the initial point of
contact for visitors to our town and is included on the new maps and leaflets.
• Please refer to annual summary for full details
• Donations to community groups of £6336.14 have been made (based on 2022 calendar year)
• Grants received from DCC and HPBC to help support events and community projects Visit New Mills – AGM report 2023
• Hanging Baskets – 2022 saw a return to having New Mills hanging baskets.
• Web site – a full review of the web site was undertaken with 30+ additional pages added under things to do, our community, with many updates & sharing across our social media.
• New Mills map, over 3,000 have now been distributed.
• Community Cinema events at St George’s
• Quizit – donations given to New Mills Volunteer Centre, OAP hampers, Crossroads
Derbyshire, High Peak Homeless, Youth Matters CIC, Tiny Tickers, New Mills Cricket Club, One World Festival, New Mills Festival, Thornsett PTA, NMAODS, Royal British Legion, Women’s Group, Repair Café, St Georges Church, Samaritans, New Mills Litterpickers, Fairtrade, New Mills Carnival, Birch Vale Cricket Club, PCUK, Torrs Youth Festival, New Mills Band, New Mills WI, Ukraine, Youth Matters, Community Cinema, St Marys PTA, Events Insurance, Storage Space, New Mills Scouts, Army Cadets, High Peak Community Arts, Beardswood Project, New Mills Juniors
• Weekly Quizit’s are now back to normal following the need to go on-line during Covid.
• Our social media footprint continues to grow and evolve to highlight local businesses and community groups – we recently passed 10,000 followers on Facebook.
• Replacement festoon lights and bulbs.
• Replacement Christmas tree brackets in town centre.
• Support of the Repair Café with Insurance cover.
• Financial support (donations) in purchasing Community assets and community events received from HPBC, DCC
• To all our many volunteers who ensure our projects and initiatives we support are successful.
Accounts – 1 January 2022 to 31 December 2022