Meeting Minutes on 23rd January 2023

  1. Present: Sean Whewell, Zena Aris-Sutton, Steve Wilson, David Aris-Sutton, John Reed, Iain Moore, Kate Badger
  2. Apologies: None
  3. Minutes of 12.10.22: The Minutes of the meeting of 12.10.22 were accepted as a true and correct record.
  4. Matters Arising 
    •    Tree planting swizzels email 16.8.22 – Not follow up.
    •    Quiz prizes – Letter to local and non-Local business, Tracker in Gdrive – Zena to share letter for checking, once finished directory – get Lee to print letter and delivery where no email.
    •      LSO finance report and learnings – VNM team stay on Sight/Number plan in order, Schedule times for arrival. Profit £466.27
    •     Co-op bank closed – now closed.
    •    Digital notice board – ZAS agree need to look at funding for possibly 3-4 screens, ZA to check with Chafes/Apex travel if will to host screen
    •   Remove cheque as payment – Done.
    •    Carnival committee – Jane doing stalls/Food, john road closures, Steve programme, Zena entertainment, David Parade – Kate to check on Judging.
    •    AGM DATE in March – New Mills volunteer centre/Rock Mill Centre – Sunday 26th March – Noon
    •    More volunteers – Chole and Iain to help out and see if what to join after a trial. Maybe Judge at Carnival, Kate B is also going to see if anyone is willing to do it.
    •    Jan W/Emily Leaving – Thanks for all for all the work and input provided over the course of being a member, much appreciated.
    •     NMF – Kate Badger attending meeting – building relationships – 42 organisations – shared google calendar.
    •    Mugs and Bags – now in 3 locations
    •    LSO thank you, held an event for volunteers at Hare & Hounds and advertised posts on Facebook and Instagram we did for those in the programme, as well as thank you posts.
    •    Lanterns – in storage – see if the festival wants these instead, as we don’t use them, and will provide Kate with photos.
    •     Plastic ban Oct – enforce at events – Have think and discuss further next meeting – Kate to share what other groups have come up with.
    •      LSO – Festoons labels – need to get 2 leads from New Mills cuisine and Sylhet, ask Ryan. Wiseheart & wild to plug in for this year instead
  5. Correspondence:
    • Letter from crossroads re: quizit
    • Wiseheart & wild – pride logo – everyone happy for it to be used in leaflet
  6. Finance Update: The current bank balance is £7430.95 in credit.

The money raised from Quizits – 568 quizzes to date £47,184.13

    • New Mills Youth Matters -£158
    • New Mills cadets – £117
    • New Mills community Cinema – £171
    • Visit New Mills – £250
    • New Mills volunteer centre – Warm HUbs – £360
    • OAP Hampers – £161.20
    • Crossroads Derbyshire – £143
    • High Peak Homeless – £165.80
    • NM LSO – £206.15
    • Thornsett Primary PTA – £208
    • NM Amateur Operatic Society – £156
    • Royal British Legion £172.80
    • NM Xmas tree – £181.20
    • NM Youth & Community Project – £178.00
    • New Mills Cricket Club – £121

   7. Media Update: Website page views 4794 +16%, sessions 3141+7% in 30 days

          Facebook membership was 10,505, Twitter membership  2236 and Instagram 2373

    8.Any Other Business:

    • Rock Mill can we support road closure of Rock mill lane – Coronation – Big Eat Day/Big help out!
    • Women’s Group may help with the Defibrator page for the VNM site as suggested by ZAS

      9.Date, time and place of next meeting:

           AGM Sunday 26th March Noon TBC

Share This

Share this with your friends!

Scroll to Top