- Present: Sean Whewell, Zena Aris-Sutton, Steve Wilson, David Aris-Sutton, John Reed, Iain Moore, Kate Badger
- Apologies: None
- Minutes of 12.10.22: The Minutes of the meeting of 12.10.22 were accepted as a true and correct record.
- Matters Arising
- Tree planting swizzels email 16.8.22 – Not follow up.
- Quiz prizes – Letter to local and non-Local business, Tracker in Gdrive – Zena to share letter for checking, once finished directory – get Lee to print letter and delivery where no email.
- LSO finance report and learnings – VNM team stay on Sight/Number plan in order, Schedule times for arrival. Profit £466.27
- Co-op bank closed – now closed.
- Digital notice board – ZAS agree need to look at funding for possibly 3-4 screens, ZA to check with Chafes/Apex travel if will to host screen
- Remove cheque as payment – Done.
- Carnival committee – Jane doing stalls/Food, john road closures, Steve programme, Zena entertainment, David Parade – Kate to check on Judging.
- AGM DATE in March – New Mills volunteer centre/Rock Mill Centre – Sunday 26th March – Noon
- More volunteers – Chole and Iain to help out and see if what to join after a trial. Maybe Judge at Carnival, Kate B is also going to see if anyone is willing to do it.
- Jan W/Emily Leaving – Thanks for all for all the work and input provided over the course of being a member, much appreciated.
- NMF – Kate Badger attending meeting – building relationships – 42 organisations – shared google calendar.
- Mugs and Bags – now in 3 locations
- LSO thank you, held an event for volunteers at Hare & Hounds and advertised posts on Facebook and Instagram we did for those in the programme, as well as thank you posts.
- Lanterns – in storage – see if the festival wants these instead, as we don’t use them, and will provide Kate with photos.
- Plastic ban Oct – enforce at events – Have think and discuss further next meeting – Kate to share what other groups have come up with.
- LSO – Festoons labels – need to get 2 leads from New Mills cuisine and Sylhet, ask Ryan. Wiseheart & wild to plug in for this year instead
- Letter from crossroads re: quizit
- Wiseheart & wild – pride logo – everyone happy for it to be used in leaflet
- Finance Update: The current bank balance is £7430.95 in credit.
The money raised from Quizits – 568 quizzes to date £47,184.13
- New Mills Youth Matters -£158
- New Mills cadets – £117
- New Mills community Cinema – £171
- Visit New Mills – £250
- New Mills volunteer centre – Warm HUbs – £360
- OAP Hampers – £161.20
- Crossroads Derbyshire – £143
- High Peak Homeless – £165.80
- NM LSO – £206.15
- Thornsett Primary PTA – £208
- NM Amateur Operatic Society – £156
- Royal British Legion £172.80
- NM Xmas tree – £181.20
- NM Youth & Community Project – £178.00
- New Mills Cricket Club – £121
7. Media Update: Website page views 4794 +16%, sessions 3141+7% in 30 days
Facebook membership was 10,505, Twitter membership 2236 and Instagram 2373
8.Any Other Business:
- Rock Mill can we support road closure of Rock mill lane – Coronation – Big Eat Day/Big help out!
- Women’s Group may help with the Defibrator page for the VNM site as suggested by ZAS
9.Date, time and place of next meeting:
AGM Sunday 26th March Noon TBC