1.Present: Sean Whewell, Zena Aris-Sutton, Steve Wilson, David Aris-Sutton, John Reed
2.Apologies: Emely Johnstone, Jan Wootten
3.Minutes of 10.8.22: The Minutes of the meeting of 10.8.22 were accepted as a true and correct record
- LSO funding from Anne Clarke – donation received last week.
- Forward or OOO for visitnewmills.com email – outstanding
- Refund PAL hire – portaloo – now received. Try different suppliers and order in advance for all of 2023 events.
- 500 trees planted. SW – ask swizzel if they have looked into the query – SW
- QF subscription is due it’s £72 a year – email 1/9/22 – Paid
- SWI -open air cinema arrange for summer 23 as the cricket club closes 30 September – will look to do next May/June 23, will ask cinema group preference next year.
- SWI – LSO to contact MCFC for tour of the ground tickets £25 each on line. But they do give some for good causes? – Prepare standard letter and ask all FC clubs in 30 mile radius, look at other business such as theatre
- VNM.tote update – Millers refiller now stocking 15 taken. High st books/cheese wheel.
- SNS trees offered 14ft-16ft Xmas tree for free.
- Gareth got in touch asking if anyone from VNM could help admin the community FB page as he wants to move away from it – noone from VNM can help – suggest add to New Mills Volunteers group
- Rope race form details – John will add his details
- Storage rate rent – agree to continue to pay
- Remembrance attendance – we do Quizit for Hayfield British legion – David will attend.
- Xmas LSO –
- SW to change address on premises – withdraw application for TENs.
- Bucket collection approved.
- Sw to chase road closures
- Programme – sw to chase swizzel – 2 articles
- Meeting – whatapps – oak next week – golf club
- New mills Town Council – 30/8/22 – gate High lea park – No response
- NMTC – access to Millennium Walkway feedback – No response
6. Finance Update: The current bank balance is £9251.18 in credit.
The money raised from Quizits
- Citizens advice bureau £104
- New mills Festival £126
- NMDVC – £142
- Womens group – £156
- Samaritan £167
- Repair Cafe – £141.10
- St Georges Parish Hall – £127
- New Mills Litter picker £138
- Torrs Youth Festival £135
7.Media Update: Website page views 5311, sessions 3540 in 30 days
Facebook membership was 10,336, Twitter membership 2231 and Instagram 2334
8. Any Other Business:
Article – about VNM update
Sykes accommodation – add to site – 2 hayfield (add under sub heading Hayfield) – If any further queries willing to do 5 miles radius for a fee.
Ideas for VNM committee members.
VNM website updates
- Added Under “things to do”:
- Torrs Riverside Park Accessibility
- Spring bank arts
- Torr vale Mills
- Added Under “Places to stay”:
- Overlea Barn – Sykes Holiday cottages
- Overlea Cowshed – Sykes Holiday cottages
- Overlea Cottage – Sykes Holiday cottages
- Bluebell Cottage – Sykes Holiday cottages
- Added Under “Community groups”:
- New Mills Army Cadets
- Friends of New Mills stations
- Kinders Ringers
- Friends of Rowarth
- New Mills Primary Toddler Group
- Added Under “HOME”:
- Useful Information
- Credit Unions
- Doctors, Dentists & Vets
- Environment Agency
- Finance and Debt Advice
- Local Schools – Quick Contact List
- Reporting faults to DDC
- Venues for Hire
9. Date, time and place of next meeting: Tuesday 13th December 7pm – John’s house.