This is a fantastic walk which starts behind the bus station at 9.00 am and everyone who shows up will be given a copy of the Parish Boundary Walk leaflet.
Join Walk leader Jon Cohen for the 18 mile walk around the parish boundary or walk one of the four sections of the path.
The walk is challenging, and includes long ascents and descents, a variety of stiles, mud and some very wet conditions. If you are planning to come, please wear stout footwear and remember that spare clothing is a good idea. There will be stops along the way where you can buy food and drink, or you can bring your own food and water bottle and top up along the way. You can do all or part of the walk, by leaving or joining at one of the stages near a bus stop. There is also an option to drive up to Rowarth and join the boundary walk for about 4 miles starting at and returning to the Little Mill Inn.
- Leave Bus station at 9.00 am
- arrive at Sett Valley Cafe approximately 11.00 to 11.30. 20 minute break
- arrive at Little Mill at approximately 1.00 pm. Short break, Little Mill Loop leaves at about 1.20 to 1.30. Lunch break 20 mins above Rock Farm.
- arrive at Childrens Inn at approximately 3.45pm. Either continue or drop out here.
- arrive at the Fox Inn at about 5.00 pm 20 min break
- arrive at Bus station 6.00 to 7.00pm
Further details are available on the facebook page or website ( where copies of the parish boundary walk leaflet may be found )- www.nmwaw.org.uk If you plan to join partway around the route, please drop a message to email@example.com.