Meeting Minutes for the Fifth Annual General Meeting & ordinary meeting on 19/10/2019
- Present: Sean Whewell, Zena Aris-Sutton, Jan Smith, Beth Atkins, Northe Slack, Lee Barratt, David Aris-Sutton, Alex Bond (NMF & SBA
- Apologies: None
- Annual reports: Finance– suspense is fees from PayPal, Professional fees is lighting technics, 1st aid cover, jugglers, glitter make-up artists act at events etc.
- Subcontractors – HPBC rubbish collection
- Happy to keep using quick file
- Annual report – Milestones 30K on Quizits – on Attached sheet.
- Election of Officers – All happy to remain as officers,
- Treasurer – Sean will continue in the role,
- Secretary – Zena elected and agreed to become secretary.
- New Officers – Put vacancy on face book, got 3 applications still liaising, and they have agreed to help with LSO 2019 before deciding if want to join officially.
- Sean proposed Lee Barratt to become an officer, Zena Second, all other officers agreed – Accepted
- Any other business – Alex Bond – Beneficial improve relations VNM and other groups such as Art theatre, Spring Bank Arts, VNM & NFM. Idea to meet, understand to promote things, e.g. if someone struggling to sell tickets co-host on FB, tickets for Quizit, inform VNM by message/email to help with promote
- Events at the same time/date – how can we prevent this?
- Already liaise with art theatre, maybe spring bank.
- Forward plan VNM put LSO/Carnival within a week of previous one ending so everyone knows in advance.
- Central calendar – invite all group and add proposed/confirmed dates, so can review before planning other events – Alex to create a diary and share.
- Bins what happens in New Mills differs from Buxton, we pay for bin collections whereas Buxton don’t, plus Buxton get Nestle sponsoring recycling –
- Could we get a sponsorship on bigger events – waste and recycling.
- Draft letter to HPBC – how can they help? Alex & Sean
- Equipment – charged for types of equipment – examples given Gazebos, feeston lighting. Sean explained we raise money to buy and eventually they need replacing –so that why there could be a rental fee.
In some case there are charges such as Video & PA
Alex suggested groups get together and discuss equipment, have/needs replacing and agree how and who. – Manage and fund community equipment – Meeting to be arranged
Possibly put a list together of what is there and who provided, and if there is a rental charge.
Date and time of next AGM – Oct 2020, Date to be confirmed Sept 2020
- Minutes of 10/08/2019:
2. The Minutes of the meeting of 10/08/2019 were accepted as a true and correct record
Bike rack now been put into Prom, already had one in front of the bike shop. Still one to be placed at Sett Valley trail – near Sett valley café
Sean to write to NMTC – regarding how they plan to become more cycle friendly.
Correspondence from Bele Café, asking for Bike bag, quizit in 2020 for 2 more bike bags
RBL – asked for flags to be placed and want volunteers for the remembrance parade
Tree Planting – Mousley bottom got funds for 500 trees, stacks and rabbit guards, working with Derbyshire rangers to plant trees early spring
New Mills Band – thank you letter for monies raised on Quizit.
Derbyshire FRS – Thank you email for monies raised on Quizit
5. Finance Update:
The current bank balance is £1885.51 in credit.
The most recent Quizits have been:
New Mills band £104(1st August),
Army Cadet £111 (8th August),
New Mills Scouts – £127 (15th August),
New Mills Citizens Advice -£104 (22nd August),
United reform Church- £208 (29th August),
Tree planting – £157 (5th Sept)
Visit New Mills – £140 (12th Sept),
New Mills Festival – £109 (19th Sept)
New Mills Volunteer Centre- £104.50(26th Sept),
New Mills Beavers – £112 (3RD Oct),
New Mills Fire & Rescue – £78 (10th Oct),
6. Web Site Update:
Sean reported Facebook membership was 8675, Twitter membership 1956 and Instagram 1379.
7.Any Other Business:
- Light Switch On (LSO) – Pride of the peaks, Torrs, Rock Mill brewery agreed to use reusable glasses.
- Road closures request been submitted and now being run by John Reed
- Temporary event notices have been requested by Howard town brewery, Chocolate cup, bakes & bars
- Programme progressing, should be complete in next 10 days.
- Small Glories Gig organised at Torrs Vale mill on Friday 6th December Posters/Tickets printed
- Sean to add summary report and finance report to VNM
8.Date, time and place of next meeting:
7th December 10am – Zena house.