Did you know that FixMyStreet is a website for reporting common street problems such as potholes, parking issues, littering, fly tipping, broken streetlights, and dog fouling to your local council.
● It’s run by the UK charity mySociety, and was launched in 2007.
● It covers all of the UK.
● The great thing is, you don’t need to know who’s responsible for fixing your problem. You just put a pin on a map, and FixMyStreet sends your report to the relevant council.
● Problems are also published on the FixMyStreet website, so you can browse your local area and see what the prevalent problems are and
what’s been fixed.
● You can also upload a photo to help show what the issue is.
● Once you’ve sent your report, it goes straight to the council, who will get back in touch with you directly.
Here’s a link to what’s been reported recently in New Mills.