Transition New Mills are part of a global network which aims:
- to help the whole community work together
- to make our town cleaner, fairer and more vibrant
- better able to withstand economic and environmental challenges.
The groups projects will be aimed at:
- supporting sustainable local jobs and services
- looking after our shared natural and environmental resources
- reducing our energy needs and carbon emissions
- strengthening community involvement, creativity, confidence and pride in the town.
They presently have a number of action groups:
- Food in Transition
- Transition Discussion / Reading Group
- Energy Group
- Local Economy Group
- Communications Group
They are always open to suggestions for new action groups around other issues or functions and welcome new members.