Minutes – 29 June 2015

Minutes of the meeting of Visit New Mills held on 29th June 2015

 

1)  Present:

Barry Bate, Northe Slack, Beth Atkins, Mike Daniels

 

2)  Apologies:

Sean Whewell

 

3)  Minutes of the meeting of 01/06/2015:

Were accepted as a true and correct record.

 

4)  Matters Arising:

From 3) – Request from Scott Buckler. Barry read out the email trail from Scott to VNM dated 15th June. Northe related her experience of the community cinema project. Mike also mentioned the experience of Walkers are Welcome – where they had used VNM to help them start up, but this had been on a strictly limited basis. Barry expressed his concern about 1) the desire for 4Allof us to separate itself from the financial aspects of the groups and 2) the attempt to turn VNM into a financing/ grant-giving/ funding organisation. Members were keen to recognise that VNM had provided short-term help on an entirely interim basis to emergent groups that had already expressed their intention to become free-standing and independent. It was agreed that this was not part of VNM’s core work and that, given VNM’s resources, could not be so for the foreseeable future. After further discussion members agreed that VNM would contact Scott to inform him that they could not agree to his request.

From 4) – Review. It was agreed that Northe will check that the statements about what work VNM does have been placed on both the website and the Facebook page.

 

5)     Correspondence

Kinder Mountain Rescue – a letter of thanks was noted.

 

  • Derbyshire Foundation Evaluation system.

As Sean was not present it was agreed that this item would be postponed and become an Agenda Item at the next meeting.

 

7) Finance Update

No report was received.

 

8) Web Site Update

No report was received. Mike proposed a vote of thanks from Walkers are Welcome to VNM for the proceeds from the July quiz. He also reported that WAW are leading a walk for VNM in August – starting at the Fox Inn in Broadbottom.

 

9) Action Plan Update

Mike requested a copy of the Action Plan and said that he was now happy to take control of this piece of work on behalf of the group. Beth offered to send a copy to Mike. All members had agreed the prioritised list at the last meeting and this was felt to be a good place for Mike to start work.

 

8) Any Other Business

Beth reported on the up-coming Railway 150 celebration at Central Station on Wednesday 1st July. She reported that £152 had been contributed by the Rail Partnership for the Heritage Centre display, along with a contribution from a recent VNM quiz night and £500 from the Councillors Fund. Alex Hynes (Northern Rail) will arrive at Central Station at 11.15 to unveil the plaque and the group will then visit the Heritage Centre. Parks Department have supplied two new planters for the platform. Discussion took place on how to staff the Model Railway Exhibition at the Town Hall. The best rota that could currently be worked out was – Saturday 10-12 Beth, 12-4 ‘Honesty Box’; Sunday 10-1 Barry, 1-4 Northe.

 

9) Date of Next Meeting

3.00 on Monday 10th August at Sean’s.

Share This

Share this with your friends!